Dog is love. That was the text on a bumper sticker I used to have on my car, back before the bumper sticker material flaked off in the sun and also – y’know – I totalled the car. Goodbye, whimsical, dog-related bumper sticker (and bumper, and side door, and front left wheel, and, and, and…) Hello, all these other REALLY AWESOME dog-related things!
P.S. Don’t worry, you don’t have to read these all right now. I will save these treasures of the internet for you right here until you have time for a little snippet of puppy-pleasure. I’ll even serenade them to keep them from being lonely, like Ariel in the cave with her fork…
…no, let’s be honest, I probably won’t do that.
1. By way of greeting you to this post:
2. I really freaking love dogs. I have three of them, and they’re all special. Not special like, “Oh, Princess, you’re the most special-est cherry on top of my Cherpumple Pie,” but more like, “Oh… honey.” Hence, I was delighted to find my life with dogs translated into glorious, pixelated comedy by Allie Brosh at Hyperbole and a Half. She’s created a series of three stories about her “Simple Dog” and each one is more absurdly fantastic than the last. Please give your life some meaning and read:
3. Now let’s take a break from all those WORDS and enjoy some dogs wearing boots.
4. Oh, man! Can you take any more? Yes? I knew you could! (I think I’d make a good personal trainer.) Anyway, here is Matthew Inman from The Oatmeal with a simultaneously grimace-inducing and heart-warming comic about his weird pup.
5. And, finally, the thing all of our dogs really want us to know (even when we’re annoying them about it and shoving cameras in their faces):
6. Yes, they love us. Unconditionally and ferociously. Joyfully and eternally. And that’s why dogs rock. Especially this saucy minx:
Got a problem with that?