So, the illustrious Morgan of Dust and Soul – blogger, author, bookseller, and heathen (with the ability to actually draw you a map of the clitoris if you require one) – has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. As she puts it, I’m “versatile with cowbell.” Best as I can tell, this means that I am capable of writing about more than only women’s issues (I think that one post about dogs saved me; otherwise, it’s been rather one-track around here lately), and also that she doesn’t mind my words taking up a small part of her day. Which is simply lovely, because I adore her writing in all its different incarnations.
Therefore, with many thanks to Morgan, I’m going to pass along her nomination to 15 others. (Per “THE RULES,” these are all bloggers who have less than 200 followers, at least according to their official WordPress count). And they should be read by many more folks, because I enjoy all these blogs immensely and who am I if not an arbiter of excellence?! Actually, that leads me to the other thing I’m meant to do upon being given this award, which is share seven facts about myself. So, without further ado:
- I think the phrase, “Without further ado,” is stupid, because you could just say the damn thing and that would be even less ado.
- I like combining two words to make one really dumb word. Example: “Joy ride” becomes, “Let’s go for a jide!” Yes, I know, I already said it was dumb.
- My favorite color is doggie color!
- I really enjoy team-building activities. Especially the one where you show off a scar and tell how you got it.
- I once took a 30-day mountaineering course with NOLS. It was above and beyond whatever the brochure promised.
- I can’t whistle a tune, but I can produce an arresting cartoon-fox whistle.
- I once stopped traffic to rescue an injured seagull from the middle of the road.
OK! Enough about my versatility; I’m blushing over here! Please make a little space in your Reader for*:
1. My Delusions
8. All My Roads
11. Kyoto Redbird
*I haven’t spoken directly with all the bloggers on this list, so if any of you aren’t into these awards – feel free to ignore me and this whole concept. But I do think you’re all “versatile with cowbell” and generally pretty dandy, and I wanted to share some love.