Bad titles aside, Happy Halloween to all my favorite ghouls and boys! (I had to – it’s been my favorite Halloween expression since the third grade.)
I’ll be celebrating tomorrow night, and I’m extremely excited about my ridiculous costume, which of course I still have to create tonight. Warning: Any trick-or-treaters leaving my house this evening may find their Laffy Taffy covered with craft glue and fur.
Because, as with most things I do, my holiday festivities are pulled together last minute, J and I also have to carve the pumpkins we’ve had sitting on the stoop for days. He’s home sick from work right now, drugged up on NyQuil and Twizzlers, so I can only anticipate what kind of amazingness will occur when he gets a knife and hacks away at a large gourd in a head-cold-induced fury.
Anyway, once the costume and pumpkins have been brought up to snuff, we’ll be ready for our party tomorrow night. I plan to daaaannnnccceee! (Was that legible? I mean DANCE, but with wildly waving arm movements implied through extra vowels.) Ever since sophomore year of college, I’ve been lusting after the perfect dance atmosphere, and I’m finally gonna get it. Here’s my list of desires/demands:
- Lots of space. When I dance, I dance, y’all! I need to be able to spin in circles and make dramatic hand gestures without anyone’s nose getting in the way.
- No creepers. Just a bunch of people who love to dance, making it happen – no surprise erection-to-bum introductions allowed.
- Music I haven’t heard eleventy-two times in the last month. Seriously. DJs. Earn your keep. You’re supposed to be good at music, right?
…and really, that’s about it. Pretty reasonable, huh? And tomorrow night, it’s gonna happen! J’s work is throwing the party, but they’re all creative types instead of suit and board room types, so we’ll be dancing in a huge warehouse stuffed with leftover sets and props like a pirate ship, giant aquatic puppets, and a stagecoach. And no one will be scheming on how to approach a stranger from behind, because they’ll be too busy dancing to Time Warp, which they all freaking know because they’ve all acted in Rocky Horror at some point in their lives.
I. Can’t. Wait.
To end this jumble of a post, I want to add three quick things:
1. I’m soliciting feedback on my new blog theme. I think I like it, but I’m curious how y’all feel about the moving feature on the “The Very Tip” homepage. My hope is to highlight some of my favorites for newcomers – but is it annoying to have one page with only some of the posts, and be forced to click again to get to all of the posts? (You can also tell me that you don’t care either way, but would enjoy more photos of dogs in costumes. I’ll understand.)
2. Next week! This is really a bigger deal than this tiny bullet point would suggest, but next week I’m planning to have an entirely body-image-focused week here at Tip of My Tongue. Some of the most important work I’ve done on this blog was in the first three months – back when I had about 34 followers – and I want to revisit it. Partly because I think the project I took on then will resonate with some of you who read me now, and partly because I need a personal push to rework the content into a format I’m envisioning submitting to other websites. So, if you’re into self-love and beautiful people – hint: that’s all of us – stay tuned ’til Monday!
3. Finally – finally – this. Because I know some of you do just want the funny dog photos, but are too polite to say it.