This blog might be back from hiatus?
(The italics and question mark are for me, not you.)
In the meantime…
Hi there. I’m Jennie Saia. If you’re a person who has strong emotions, is interested in social commentary, and loves pun-based humor, you’ll find something here to make you happy.
About this blog
I work through complex issues and invite you to play with them in the comments. I tell stories worth passing on. On a much less high-minded level, I also share funny links, good music, and a healthy dose of double entendre.The posts featured on The Very Tip are a good place to dive in.
These three photos are all equally representative.
If you still want to know more…
33 random things
- I was born in 1984 in the Southern U.S.
- I’m not a good singer. I sing anyway.
- I got married in 2012. My husband – who is awesomeness incarnate – also has a name that starts with the letter J.
- We have two dogs and a tiny human. THREE CREATURES UTTERLY DEPEND ON US.
- In middle school, I walked through the halls reading books held in front of my face.
- I still do that when I walk the dogs.
- I believe optimism and intellectualism go hand in hand.
- In Ukraine, I discovered that cherry varenyky are what heaven tastes like. How do I know?
- I just do.
- I love to dance.
- I’ve taught classes at the college level. I can also pull off college-level cartwheels.
- I lived in Mexico for two years and still visit in my dreams.
- I eat uncooked pasta because I love the crunch.
- My friend Jess says I’m simple (see #13). I take this as a compliment. It’s the little things!
- People frequently surprise me with their goodness, humor, and depth.
- My favorite color is purple, in large part because you just don’t see it enough.
- Backpacking: Yes, please.
- I’ve gotten much closer to my parents as I’ve grown up.
- I knit. I bake. I’m looking forward to being an old lady.
- J and I owned a chocolate-making business once upon a time.
- I run marathons. (When did that start? See #20.)
- I have the memory of a flea. Holding onto what I’ve lived is a large part of why I write.
- Once, in an improv class, I pretended quite convincingly to be in love with a spider.
- I am as corny as they come. I embrace this.
- I am a feminist. No, I am a STRIDENT feminist.
- I believe everyone has at least one great story.
- As an undergrad, I double-majored in Anthropology and Recreation & Leisure Studies. A decade+ later, this amuses me.
- I was lucky enough to walk away from a car-destroying wreck with nothing but bruises on my knees.
- I’ve witnessed the smell of vanilla cupcakes reduce grown tigers to groveling.
- I require a lot of love. I give a lot in return.
- I live for good quotes.
- I’m impatient. Sigh.
- I think life and people are good at the core. When they seem otherwise, they’re still worth it.