This blog is on indefinite hiatus. In less-fancy words, that means I’m in grad school and loving it, but all my words go towards my classes.
The posts in my homepage’s sliding header represent some of my best work; feel free to tickle the Search bar if you’re looking for something specific.
Just know that I will be back eventually! Email me if you need sparkles and/or sass in the meantime.
Hi. I’m Jennie Saia. If you’re a person who has strong emotions, is interested in social commentary, and loves pun-based humor, you’ll find something here to make you happy.
About this blog
I work through complex issues and invite you to play with them in the comments. I tell stories worth passing on. On a much less high-minded level, I also share funny links, good music, and a healthy dose of double entendre.The posts featured on The Very Tip are a good place to dive in.
These three photos are all equally representative.
If you still want to know more…
33 random things
- I was born in 1984 in the Southern U.S.
- I’m not a good singer. I sing anyway.
- I got married in 2012. My husband – who is awesomeness incarnate – also has a name that starts with the letter J.
- We own three dogs. THREE DOGS.
- In middle school, I walked through the halls reading books held in front of my face.
- I still do that when I walk the dogs.
- I believe optimism and intellectualism go hand in hand.
- In Ukraine, I discovered that cherry varenyky are what heaven tastes like. How do I know?
- I just do.
- I love to dance.
- I’ve taught classes at the college level. I can also pull off college-level cartwheels.
- I lived in Mexico for two years and still visit in my dreams.
- I eat uncooked pasta because I love the crunch.
- My friend Jess says I’m simple (see #13). I take this as a compliment. It’s the little things!
- People frequently surprise me with their a) goodness, b) sense of humor, c) depth, and d) all of the above.
- My favorite color is purple, in large part because you just don’t see it enough.
- Backpacking: yes, please.
- I’ve gotten much, much closer to my parents as I’ve grown up.
- I knit. I bake. I’m looking forward to being an old lady.
- J and I owned a chocolate-making business once upon a time.
- I run marathons. (When did that start? See #20.)
- I have the memory of a flea. This is a large part of why I write.
- Once, in an improv class, I pretended quite convincingly to be in love with a spider.
- I am as corny as they come. I embrace this.
- I am a feminist. No, I am a STRIDENT feminist.
- I think everyone is beautiful.
- I double-majored in Anthropology and Recreation & Leisure Studies. This amuses me.
- I love the ad campaign for my car. Hamsters!
- I’ve witnessed the smell of vanilla cupcakes reduce grown tigers to groveling.
- I require a lot of love. I give a lot in return.
- My young nieces and nephews teach me things they can’t even articulate yet.
- I’m impatient. Sigh.
- I think life and people are good at the core. When they seem otherwise, they’re still worth it.